Suddenly they told me we had to wait 3 weeks more for the material delivery!? This was not included in their estimated production time and sabotaged my deadline completely. On top of this the material company sent the wrong stuff adding even more delay to the injury.
I pledged to the retailer if they could accept a divided delivery, half now & half later. They replied -”All or nothing!”. A worrying comment indeed.
The degree of elasticity was hard to decide. Just before the first production batch I figured out how stiff it had to be. A problem with elastic gadgets is that you want a combination of maximal stretchiness with sturdy stiffness. It will always be a compromise and I will do my best to never invent anything elastic again.