Home improvement

Martins mould for Lampowitz
It took lots of trial and error to get this plaster / silicone mould to work.

I built a mould to make elastic prototypes of my flashlight holder. It gave me a good picture of the manufacturing process.

A man of lead bullets
In my case, the Lead Man.

Childs play
As a youngster I moulded small tin figurines to play with. Well, in lack of money I mostly melted lead bullets I got for free from the local rifle club.

Ingenious friend
An engineer friend of mine demonstrated how he made silicone moulds for his machine parts. I could clearly do it the other way around and pour soft hobby silicone into a home made mould and make elastic prototypes.

Plaster prototyping
Eventually I managed to make a functional plaster mould to pour my silicone solution into. There were lots of problems getting the silicone out of the mould without ruining it. The blue colour you see inside is glossy paint to protect the plaster. Otherwise the solidified silicone sticks to the plaster breaks it apart. There was a lot of trial and error before I got reasonable results from this one.

2 kommentarer

    • Martin

      Thanks Milford!
      Trying to keep a steady flow of posts. Iv’e just been extremely busy getting my new product out in the shops lately (I’ll post lots about that one later on).

Skriv ett svar till http://bing.com Avbryt svar

Du kan använda följande HTML HTML:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>