A few years earlier I got a huge cut on my forehead playing rugby. Today it turned out to generate a big relief in the time of need.
Headsmash! During a rugby tackle in 2010 I collided with a 17 year old, Australian, exchange student in our team. The coach cursed me loudly thinking he would have to phone the young lads mother saying that her son was dead. It was a great smash indeed and it felt as I knocked out all his teeth. But he shrugged me off and continued playing the game without a scratch. Everyone got surprised that it was my head that had burst open.
Nasty cut I got X:ed once again by a team mate, a nasty habit they’ve practised on me for over 20 years. At least this time I didn’t get kicked in the head. It was just a mutual tackling incident that added to my other +50 stitches in the face. But these were the least attractive ones.
Busy busy busy I almost missed the expiration date from the insurance company to file for compensation. Today I received a rather large cash injection from this that will help finance my expanding expenses of getting the TreKorv hot dog to production online.
Product presentation was essential and I thought it was a nice idea to place the products in neat rows, divided by paper sheets as in the chocolate-candy boxes. The problem with this was, apart from the time it took to pack, the boxes only held 90 products.
What the hell?
If you haven’t figured it out yet, this made it rather tricky handling my first order for 5.000 units. I realized this in the last minute and eventually sent them 56 boxes (56 boxes x 90 units = 5.040 products). I didn’t dare to charge for the extra 40 units.
I certainly didn’t want to embarrass myself but I had to point out this mistake to the retailer. Otherwise their computer data would get messed up not having the correct amount of products in stock. It doesn’t feel good to be a hassle for your first and most important customer.
Later when I visited some of the stores the paper sheets, supposed to make everything look exclusively designed were anything but fancy. Crumbling paper were spread all over the place making the designed boxes look like trash bins.
It was an important learning experience to have gone through this ordeal. Now I knew what I needed, got rid of the dividing paper sheets and I even found plastic strings for half the price and re-designed my boxes to hold 100 Gearfix units each. But there were dark clouds summoning ahead.
I really needed a retail package box for my invention and was running out of options. It turned out not being as expensive as I thought.
I made a huge effort finding a box to suit my needs. After visiting several manufacturers I met one actually willing to shape and make 70 blank boxes for a very reasonable price. I used the previous chocolate-box as a reference.
Sticker solution To save money I got blank boxes and printed out stickers instead. It worked out nicely and was a lot cheaper than I could have imagined.